Friday, March 11, 2011

The Dance by Joanne Chan

They said “you should be dancing”
And I just couldn’t figure out why
I saw them out there flailing about
To tell you the truth, I think I’d rather die.

The men were making silly faces
And the girls were shaking their bums
There some that were doing little jigs
And one who was pretending to run

This went on forever
Until I couldn’t take it anymore
I yelled “STOP”, and they all looked at me
As I strode to take the floor

The crowd hushed to a quiet
The spotlight came on me
A sweet melody started up
And at last, I showed them how it should be

There was none of that ungracefulness
Just a few delicate steps
Ones that would change their world
Ones that would never rest

I called this dance the Monster Mash
And the crowd could clearly see
The was a dance for the future
Now THIS,
this is how it should be

No comments :